Industrial Hose Sales and Service Representative - Sandton
Summary of position
The principle objective of the Industrial Sales and Service Representative is to encourage maximum sales of the Company’s products in the assigned regional territory and/or customer listing, in accordance with laid down policy.
The Product envelope relevance would be Industrial Hose, Couplings and Accessories.
The incumbent is to ensure customer requests are professionally handled by providing accurate product information and quotations.
At all times build and maintain good client relations for the company and implement an account management plan to develop a positive long-term relationship with assigned accounts.
Summary of duties
• Develop an annual sales plan, including sales budgets, promotions, and account management activities.
• Collate customer, competitor and market information as basis from which to set goals for the effective growth of the Company.
• Develop a sound knowledge of the territory/customer base and its potential.
• Protect and maintain existing business and obtain new customer business either directly or indirectly.
• Submit sales activity and forecast reports to Product Manager.
• Maintain daily/weekly planner and record all active information on the respective Reporting templates.
• Respond immediately to customer inquiries/needs and provides positive, correct and courteous service to customers.
• Ensure client awareness of how the Company operates and of the services and products available to them.
• Assists customers in the preparing/processing of credit applications and seek approval from the National Sales Manager/General Manager
on pricing/payment terms prior to submission to the credit department.
• Aim to achieve or exceed set sales target monthly and annually.
• Perform any other duties as assigned by management.
• Knowledge of Industrial hoses, Couplings and their respective applications.
• Excellent personal presentation and communication skills.
• A good working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
• Ability to work well with people.
• Competent in assessing customer needs and identifying sales opportunities.
• Ability to work independently.
• Solid Time Management skills.
• Solid Organizing skills.
• Demonstrated sales experience, sales skills and achievements in a related industry position for a sustained period.
• 3 to 5 years sales experience in a similar environment.
• A Tertiary education in the sales field is desirable.
Closing date: 21 March 2019