Key Accounts Manager - Centurion
Our client distributes international sport-optic/outdoor brands and is looking for a Key Account Manager to assist with the generation of sales and identifying new business opportunities.
This role reports directly to the National Sales Manager.
Purpose of Role:
- Promotes, sells & secures orders from existing and prospective customers through a relationship-based approach.
- Demonstrates products and services to existing and potential customers and assists them in selecting those best suited to their needs.
Details of Function
- Establishes, develops and maintains business relationships with customers and prospective customers in the assigned territory or market segment to generate new business for the organization’s products & services.
- Evaluation of the respective customer’s business in terms of sell through, stock on hand (units & value), average costing, end of life (with exit strategies) & introduction of new products.
- Execution of planned marketing activities (birthday & pillar campaigns) – these activities are facilitated by the marketing department.
- Makes telephone calls and in-person visits and presentations to existing and prospective customers in accordance to a pre-set call cycle.
- Ensures latest pricing is communicated to customers.
- Ensure that retail staff’s incentive programs are maintained & monitored.
- In store point of sale presentations are up to date, stock is correctly displayed, merchandised with current advertising & in line with marketing & sales strategy.
- Expedites the resolution of customer problems and complaints.
- Coordinates sales effort with marketing, sales management, accounting, logistics and technical service groups.
- Report on customer requirements and needs.
- Keeps abreast of product, technical services, market conditions and competitor activities.
- Participates in trade shows and expos.
- Proven ability to drive sales and generate new business – minimum 5 years’ experience.
- Relevant industry experience – binoculars, rifle scopes, rangefinders, spotting scopes, action cameras, technical ability.
- Confident and experienced negotiator able to drive revenue.
- Excellent social, interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Flexibility: the successful candidate will be required to work selected weekends and public holidays.
Thank you for your interest in this role.