Luxury Vehicle Technicians - Pretoria
Location - Pretoria
Job Description To Diagnose faults, repair and conduct set vehicle services according to prescribed standards of OEM. Deliver high quality technical expertise to satisfy customers and honour client Service delivery values. .
Adhere to Company’s and OEM policies, procedures and expectations regarding your position as a Diagnostic Motor Vehicle Technician.
Specific Role Responsibilities • To carry out diagnostic work and support mechanics as set out by the Foreman
• To carry out fault diagnosis to aid and speed vehicle servicing.
• To take steps to ensure servicing of vehicle, remains within the targeted percentages of the
• To discuss matters with service advisors and customers as required and provide lucid explanations.
• To ensure standards maintained with vehicle care and safety whilst performing functions
• To ensure vehicles are returned to the customer after service in a neat and clean condition
• To recommend purchase of capital equipment.
• Admin functions:
o To complete forms and documentation included in the company's service routine
o To draft and prepare any reports required
• Mentor apprentices, sign off logbooks and evaluate their technical ability.
• Ensure effective communication with staff, across departments, with customers and service providers.
• Willingness to participate in marketing campaigns when required for the furtherance of the business.
Qualifications and Experience
• Mechanical insight.
• OEM required technical training course successfully mastered, Porsche, BMW or Mercedes training is also acceptable.
• Problem solving and moto vehicle fault finding skills.
• Mental alertness.
• Team player.
• Interpersonal competence.
• Customer orientated.
• Communication skills.
• Decision making and action orientated.
• Need excellent - Fix right first-time track record.
• Knowledge of computer programs ODIS, Elsapro.
• Be able to use Manufacturer diagnostic equipment / computer (Vas Machines).
• 2 - 3 Year technician experience.
• Have sound English and writing skills.
• Need computer skills.
• Accurate job card presentation
Skills and Personal Attributes Grade 12
N6 trade certificate or Olifantsfontein motor mechanic trade papers or must be qualified on the CBMT level system
certified diagnostic Technician
The following qualifications will be advantageous
•Health and safety related qualification