Marketing Manager - Cape Town
The below responsibilities are to be performed for our Client’s offices in both South Africa and Namibia.
• Drive an innovative and highly effective digital marketing strategy that positions our Client’s as a leading brand in the Southern African tourism sector.
• Conceptualise, design and implement ‘traditional’ marketing material, e.g. brochures, itineraries, newsletters, flash sales, presentations, etc.
• Reproduce our annual 300-page brochure, both online and print. This project requires in-depth knowledge of the Adobe Suite as well as close collaboration with suppliers, procurement and printers.
• Be the custodian of our corporate identity. Responsible for the design, maintenance & ordering of company branded stationary, promotional material and templates.
• Ready the Sales Team for various Tradeshows & Sales Trips throughout the year.
• Manage company memberships and website.
• Write press releases and website blog posts.
• Supervise the Digital Marketing Specialist.
• Establish and preserve the annual Marketing Budget.
• Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Public Relations, or related area.
• A minimum of 3-4 years working experience in a supervisory position.
• Computer proficiency in a variety of software applications including Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel & PowerPoint) and Adobe Suite (InDesign, Illustrator & Photoshop).
• Strong written and verbal communications skills (English), including proficiency in copywriting and proofreading.
• Excellent interpersonal skills to support effective relationships with - and motivation of - staff, managers, clients, industry partners and others.
• Proven experience in managing social media platforms and media outlets.
• Previous travel and tourism experience
• Hands on leadership approach with ability to lead by example to achieve strategic goals
• Detail orientated and highly organized with the ability to think critically, multi-task and achieve results.
Salary: 20k-30k a month
Job type: Full time