NETWORK ENGINEER - Polokwane
R 38 000
Overall network management, routing, bandwidth planning and maintenance for Limpopo as the leader of the Limpopo network team.
• Lead the network team.
• Develop network strategies in conjunction with senior management, and implement these strategies.
• Needs to be able to do a full network audit and develop actions plans to improve identified weaknesses, expand the network where needed, and to maintain the networks health going forward.
• Manage the whole network team to ensure maximum network stability and up time.
• Bandwidth management and planning to ensure capacity for growth.
• Logical design, drawing and documentation of networks.
• Monitor and troubleshooting general efficiency of network proactively.
• Needs to develop (in conjunction with LMN Manager), document and implement standards and best practices in all aspects of the network – Core, Distribution, Routing, Switching, RF, Fibre, etc.
• Ensure training and skills transfer among network team.
• Build and maintain strong team and interdepartmental relationships
• Responsible to ensure good communication and working relationships between the NOC team and Technical Network teams
• Continuous R/D and improvement of the Limpopo Network in line with national strategies and goals.
• Including Fibre and Wireless planning and implementation.
• Ensure overall timeous and accurate reporting.
• Build and maintain excellent client relationships.
• Adhere to policies and procedures.
• Perform adhoc duties when reasonably requested from time to time.
• Continually develop both personally and professionally.
• Ability to work independently
• Customer service skills
• Ability to work quickly and under pressure
• Problem-solving skills
• Time management skills
• Communication skills (written and verbal)
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in wireless and routing.
• Knowledge of the following is compulsory:
o OSPF, L2/L3 services, MTU, Firewall configuration and security.
• Knowledge of the following will be an advantage:
o BGP, MPLS.
• Certifications in the following would be compulsory:
o Mikrotik: MTCNA/MTCRE.
• Certifications in the following would be advantageous:
o Mikrotik: MTCINE,MTCTCE, Cambium, VoIP, Ubiquiti, BDCOM