PHP Developer - Cape Town
We urgently require the services of a skilled and experienced senior PHP Developer.
The position is deadline driven and your continued success in the position is dependent upon your ability to consistently produce the highest quality code, to spec, within deadlines.
You will receive complete support however this does not include training in any of the required skills.
Key Performance Areas
• Development of new database driven PHP applications
• Development of modifications and add-on modules to existing PHP applications.
• Trouble-shooting of PHP applications
• Customisation and modification of third-party software programmes (GNU) for clients
• The candidate must have a good understanding of databases and must be able to simplify data flow.
• Able to function under consistent high pressure and be deadline driven.
• Think laterally and can find feasible and secure solutions to apparently impossible problems.
• Exceptional quality of output and attention to detail are a natural part of your skill set.
• When confronted with a required outcome, you easily see alternative possible options for achieving the desired result and most often select the best route, advising and making alternative suggestions where these will produce a better long term outcome.
• Ethical considerations and confidentiality are concepts which come naturally to you.
• You would like to make a meaningful contribution in a non-corporate environment and can work efficiently on your own as well as in a team
• Enjoys leading edge technology
• Enjoys people & working in a team
• Be logical in his thinking and be able to simplify complex processes into manageable modular steps.
• Must be a resourceful person able to find elegant solutions in an environment where new challenges often arise.
Essential Skill Requirements
• Facebook/Twitter Integration
• Facebook FBML
• MVC/Pure OO Programming
• 4+ Years of PHP OO/Procedural Programming experience working on a LAMP environment.
• 4+ Years of MySQL experience
• Experience with Web2.0/HTML5 using Jquery or something of the kind.
• must have experience with frameworks and Content management systems.