Product Manager - Centurion
Looking for an experienced Product Manager who is passionate about building relationships with Product Partners and growing market share and interest for the Rubrik Business. You will join a dynamic and fast paced environment and work in cross-functional teams.
The main focus will be:
• Develop and manage a business strategy, which will optimise the Rubrik business – Cloud Data Management.
• Achieving the objectives set by both the Vendor and the Company.
• Possess a unique blend of business, channel management and technical savvy; a big-picture vision, and the drive to make that vision a reality.
• Spending time with the channel to understand the development areas, and build innovative solutions for the broader market.
Key Responsibility Areas:
• Clearly demonstrate the value proposition of The Rubrik Product to both partners and customers.
• Responsible for overall product performance throughout the life cycle – monthly and annual target.
• Manage partner sales team - grow vendor revenue in existing installed base accounts and new accounts, through focused marketing strategies, campaigns and end user lead generation.
• Provide accurate and regular sales forecasts and business updates to management and vendor.
• Drive sales opportunities with partner sales team as proactively as possible.
• Engage in collaborative, strategic and tactical business planning with key partners:-
o Build Business plans with managed partners
o Identify new markets
o Understand the partner sales process and develop a sales and marketing strategy to best suit the partner and mine existing customer base
o Develop sales tools to assist partner sales and pre sales
o Identify key new accounts and design a sales approach to bring new customers on board.
o Assist partner with broad-base marketing to promote their business
o Assist partner with customer reference sites
o Create and promote high impact and innovative marketing programs and initiatives within the partners to generate new opportunities
o Design partner enablement plans, to ensure partner resources are skilled in the marketing programs and products they are going to drive
o Develop enable programs for partners to drive into their existing and prospective base
• Managing the vendor partner program.
• Defining & executing skills development programs for partners.
• Market products and manage the sales process:
o Identify and implement market strategies
o Disseminate product information
o Grow market share
o Identify new business opportunities
o Position vendor product set
• Manage the profitability of products.
• Understand and implement vendor strategy and policies.
• Be responsible for all reporting to your Vendor, including forecasting and sales.
• Monitor Gross profit from daily sales & Contribution reports.
• Manage output of branches.
• Handle all channel related issues.
Education & Experience:
• 3 - 5 years Product Management experience in the IT industry (Essential), in IT distribution (preferred),
• Have a good understanding of the Storage / Cloud landscape.
• 2 -3 years Channel management experience
• Matric certificate
• Bachelor’s degree or diploma / sales certificate
• MS Office Suite (Intermediate – essential)
• Presentation skills
• Excellent negotiation skills
• Analytical Thinking & Decision Making
• Business Acumen
• Action Orientation
• Drive for Results
• Customer Focus