Professional Accountant - Pretoria
Salary: R 16,000 - R 21,000
Company based in Pretoria is in urgent need of a Professional Accountant to start as soon as possible!
• Matric (Grade12)
• Drivers licence with own vehicle
• Must be fluent in English and Afrikaans
• Must have passed the final SAIPA examination
• Must have at least one year experience in practice since completing his / her articles
• Must be computer literate (Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel etc.)
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Preparation and delivery of an entire file from planning to final Financial Statements on any of the following methods: Compilation, Independent review, Audit, and a Close Corporation Report on any of the following engagement types: Individual, Trust, Close Corporation, School, Non-Profit Organization, Body Corporate or Company
• Managing a team of junior staff on any of the engagement types as stated above;
• Training of any SAIPA trainee
• Pastel and QuickBooks accounting processing from cashbook to trial balance
• Basic VIP payroll package knowledge
• VAT calculations and the completion of VAT 201 returns (including pushing SARS payment to the necessary banks)
• Taxation on any of the following engagement types: Individual, Trust, Close Corporation, School, Non-Profit Organization, Body Corporate or Company;
• PAYE, SDL, UIF and WCF – on a level as expected from any SAIPA member
• Any and all types of SARS communication, including reviews, audits, objections and appeals
• Administrative duties (answering of phone and reception).
• Experience in this field is required for this position
Note: Requirements are not negotiable and only shortlisted candidates best suited for the position will be contacted.