Resident Engineer with GCC Mines - Newcastle
1) Purpose of this position
The Resident Engineer will fulfil the GCC related duties of the Vryheid and Ulundi Quarries. He is to help achieve the Company’s vision and objective by providing technical accountability and engineering support, combined with providing sustainable maintenance of infrastructure and ensure legal compliance in the KZN/Free State Region.
2) Key Responsibilities include , but are not limited to :
1) Ensuring safety and compliance of the operations;
2) Supporting stakeholders with troubleshooting complex and technical issues;
3) Devising and implementing maintenance strategies to effectively support the operations.
4) Ensuring adequate technical capacity to effectively support the maintenance requirements of all assigned operational entities in the KZN/Free State Region (people, skills, facilities, tooling, equipment & systems).
5) Establishing a pro-active and performance-based engineering & maintenance culture.
6) Applying value analysis (cost vs benefit) and purpose fit engineering solutions to prevailing technical issues.
7) Providing counsel to operations and maintenance groups to assist in continuous improvement in key areas of manpower, materials, methods, machinery, and legal compliance.
3) Minimum requirements:
1) Relevant degree or diploma in Engineering with Government Competency Certificate Mines & Works.
2) At least 3 years’ experience post GCC qualification.
3) Proven track record in dealings with DMR and unions.