SAP FI CO LO Logistics Integration Consultant - Johannesburg
SAP FI-CO-Logistics Integration
A SAP FICO Consultant is responsible for participating in the planning, development, maintenance, and enhancement of SAP applications and the functional areas of an SAP package. Occupants of this position are assigned to project teams and utilize a variety of client/server platforms. Incumbents collaborate with company customers, staff, IT, and other stakeholders to identify user requirements, assess available technologies, and recommend solution options according to the customer’s activities.
Individuals in this position are competent to perform work at the highest technical level within this job family. They are familiar with SAP project management, but do not have project leadership responsibility for SAP module areas. However, they may regularly coach other team members, or plan work for others to meet sub-project deadlines.
The main challenge to the SAP Consultant is to assess overall business objectives within one or more process groups and design business processes in such a way that they may be effectively modeled and configured within the SAP environment. Consultants must also apply a broad knowledge of various technical functions to accurately anticipate organizational impacts. In addition, they must understand the procedures and expected system performance associated with the introduction of new information technologies, while seeking ways to collaborate with IT members (the Consulting & Processes Group, in particular) to facilitate transitions.
• Provide business analysis and process redesign expertise in one or more functional areas (finance, accounting, sales, etc.) within the enterprise specifically in the analysis, and redesign, of SAP functions and processes
• Communicate SAP capabilities/possibilities within FICO module
• Customize SAP functionality to satisfy business requirements and business process design
• Prepare business specifications for reports
• Formulate and define application scope and objectives and devise/modify procedures to solve business problems
• Develop familiarity with production operations, as well as established priorities and sequences for processes
• Develop business relationships and integrate activities with other IT areas to ensure successful implementation and support project efforts.
• Lead small sub-projects or regularly coach other project personnel to ensure business application systems are developed in away that complies with architectural standards and established methodologies and best practices.
• Foster and maintain good relationships with customers and IT colleagues to meet expected customer service levels.
• Monitor and report to management on the status of project efforts, anticipating/identifying issues that inhibit the attainment of project goals and implementing corrective actions.
Skills and Knowledge:
• Comprehensive understanding of SAP's customizing toolset, including IMG (Implementation Management Guide).
• SAP configuration skills in FICO Module
• SAP functional skills in FICO Module
• Solid understanding of SAP data model in FICO
• Thorough business understanding of manufacturing processes in a plant environment.
• Familiarity with SAP architecture.
• Good project management skills, operating as part of a team organizing, planning, and executing large scale projects from vision through implementation.
• Strong verbal and written communications skills, with an ability to express complex business concepts in technical terms.
• Strong analytical, problem solving, and conceptual skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills; ability to work well on cross functional project teams and foster team commitment to tasks.
• Conceptual knowledge of information technologies and methodologies.
• Experience in the industry or in a production/service environment similar to that of the employer is preferred.
• Strong knowledge of project management techniques and cross functional experience.
• An understanding of programming concepts and experience with structured design, development, and implementation of new computing architectures.
• Experience with software unit and integration testing.
• A Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or Management Information Systems with an emphasis in a specific functional area, such as finance, human resources, manufacturing, operations, logistics, or sales and marketing or equivalent work experience and technical training, is required .
• At least five years of experience in the given business function, two years of experience with SAP FICO modules, and two complete SAP FICO implementations.
• Five years of experience in a relevant functional area, such as finance, human resources, logistics.