Senior Application Support Administrator
South Africa, Western Cape, Cape Town
Our client based in Cape Town requires a Senior Application Support Administrator to join their team.
• Provide senior level monitoring / support / investigation / fault administration support on 3rd Party and applications.
• Perform scheduled daily, weekly monthly support tasks.
• Provide assistance on 3rd Party and companies applications to the support team.
• Perform investigations on 3rd Party and company’s application support techniques to continually improve operational support to simplify achievement of customer SLAs.
• Proactive investigation and resolution of failures on 3rd Party and applications.
• Provide senior level assistance to customer representatives for application issues.
• Provide accurate and clear verbal and written reports of application investigations and resolutions.
• Prepare and present training sessions to support team.
• Shifts and after hours standby support for 3rd Party and applications.
• 3 Year tertiary qualification or a relevant IT qualification.
• Minimum 2 years experience in an application support role.
• 4 years general IT experience.
• Knowledge of the disciplines in an application support environment.
• Extensive problem solving exposure at application support level.
• Familiar with SQL Database query writing and UNIX.
• Strong problem solver.
• Self-motivated, proactive, taking ownership of problems through to completion.
• Good oral and written communication skills.
• Taking ownership of problems.
• Commitment to routine as well as investigative/analysis work.
• Enthusiastic training and knowledge transfer qualities.
• Sense of responsibility to work shifts and standby.