Senior Bookkeeper Pastel - Cape Town
Senior Bookkeeper (Pastel)
Our client, a leading import & export concern based in the Waterfront in Cape Town seeks to appoint a Senior Bookkeeper to their financial team.
- An Accounting/Bookkeeping Diploma or equivalent.
- A minimum of 5 years bookkeeping experience with strong stock control systems experience.
- Strong Excel skills (Intermediate to Advance Level including Pivot tables and formulas).
- Experience on Pastel V11 using a stock module is essential.
- Previous experience in reconciliations of inter-company loan accounts is essential.
- Experience in the Fishing Industry would be advantageous.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Ability to work to deadlines and deliver results.
- Collect daily information from a minimum of 10 Area Controllers relating to landings and expenses.
- Daily correlation of information with various factories and processing plants.
- Capturing of information on daily spread sheets, reconciling and providing daily reports.
- Requesting and reconciling of daily cash purchases.
- Weekly creditors and sundry payments.
- Capturing of all accounting records in Pastel.
- All General Ledger, stock, supplier and inter-company reconciliations on a monthly basis.
- Contracts relating to catching and marketing agreements.
- Control and management of all documentation between quota holders and MCM
- Reconciliation of advances and loans to various quota holders. (Need to be able to deal with at least 100-150 recons).
- Daily interaction with quota holders, catchers and factories.
- Compile daily/weekly and monthly operational and management reports.
- Ad-hoc tasks as allocated.