Senior Compliance Practitioner - Pretoria
Salary is between R30 486-00 - R35 300-00 CTC per month
• Ensure that the Compliance Risk Management process is implemented across the Group.
• Identify legislation that is applicable to THE CLIENT and ensures that all legislative and statutory requirements are minimized.
• Assess the impact of legislative and regulatory key requirements of applicable laws in terms of probability and severity.
• Ensure that recommendations are made to the Group in respect of complying with such legislation including the leading of operational projects to ensure compliance with specific legislation.
• Plan and execute compliance monitoring activities timeously.
• Monitor the efficiency and consistency of compliance controls.
• Update the relevant compliance monitoring programs where necessary.
• Undertake professional reviews of department’s compliance with legislation.
• Report breaches of legislation to management for appropriate action.
• Draft effective compliance risk management plans and compliance manuals.
• Ensure that the compliance manuals are up to date and complete.
• Ensure that annual targets and objectives are met.
• Providing compliance training to relevant staff members.
• Ensure that the Group stays abreast with changes to legislation.
• Provide compliance advice as well as support to line management in the specific business units.
• Train of subordinates within the department.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS FOR THIS POSITION:
• Relevant bachelor’s degree – LLB or BCom Law, or BA Law.
• Postgraduate Diploma/Certificate in Compliance.
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED FOR THE POSITION:
• 4 - 5 Years relevant experience in Compliance.
• 3 Years in a control environment.
KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED FOR THE POSITION:
• Knowledge of the South African Regulatory Environment in the Financial services sector.
• Specific knowledge of compliance risk management.
• Relevant experience in the life insurance industry.
• Specific knowledge of FAIS, LTIA, FICA, NCA, PPR.
SKILLS REQUIRED FOR THE POSITION:
• Good verbal and written communication skills.
• Problem solving skills.
• Judgement and decision making.
• Person must be able to function independently.