Supply Chain and Logistics Executive - Cape Town
A leader in the Retail Industry is constantly striving to increase productivity and reduce lead times in their supply chain. Their commitment to this has created this new senior leadership role and they are actively looking to recruit a Supply Chain and Logistics Executive.
This position, based at Head Office in Cape Town, offers constant innovation and positive prospects as they develop and implement their adventurous plans that will expose you to the best of retailing environments, both within South Africa and internationally.
The role will involve and/or include responsibility for the following aspects of our business:
• Continuous improvement of purchasing and sourcing strategies to reduce lead times, improve efficiencies and reduce
• Selection of the best breed procurement and global sourcing systems
• Introducing world-class fashion retail supply chain strategies
• Globally and strategically participating in planning the future expansion, development and functioning of the distribution
centres, including facility automation
• Setting standards to monitor distribution centre performance in order to ensure business objective compliance
• Developing the annual operating plan and budget
• Developing resources and helping to build high potential employees for opportunities in supply chain and other
• Fostering an environment that reflects the values of the company.
This is a high impact role calling for an impressive strategist with strong leadership skills who can drive and enhance the service delivery to the business and, most importantly, to the group’s customer in order to further improve the group’s image in the marketplace as South Africa’s leading retailer. The ideal candidate has a strong reputation resulting in a high degree of credibility. This individual is entrepreneurial, charismatic, sophisticated, inspirational and a dynamic leader. These characteristics, combined with world-class expertise and a mature approach results in an excellent interpersonal and people management approach, linked to a natural mindset of optimising performance.
You are ideal for this role, if you have at least 10 years’ total Supply Chain experience, 5 years of which at Senior Management/Executive level, responsible for shaping the logistics strategy of an organisation (preferably in fashion retail or alternatively in FMCG).
Clearly this critical role will suit a professional, who has the appropriate experience and who has a relevant postgraduate qualification. Innovative, strong and inspirational leadership skills combined with a professional and compelling influencing style are essential.
Correspondence will only be conducted with short listed candidates. Should you not hear from us within 3 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.