Systems Engineer, Pretoria - Pretoria
Systems Engineer, Pretoria
My client based in the East of Pretoria with local and international ties in the defence industry has a position available for a Systems Engineer. You will get the opportunity to work on projects within the local and international defence environment. If you revel in a fast paced deadline driven environment then this will be a fantastic opportunity to expand your career in the defence industry. This is a great opportunity to be part of an already highly successful team of engineers that daily work on finding answers to questions that have never been asked before.
You will be responsible for requirements analysis, architecture, verification and validation, and systems engineering management, as well as leading performance analysis and validation of models for trade-off studies inside the group. An important part of the job will be to develop systems engineering skills in other engineers.
- A minimum of a BEng/ BSc in Engineering;
- Preferably a Master's degree in either Engineering, Project Management, Engineering Management or Systems Engineering;
- A minimum of 7 years' experience in general engineering, 3 years of which should be in Systems Engineering;
- In-depth knowledge of systems engineering approaches ranging from requirements, architecture, design and analysis of complex systems, to system life-cycles;
- Experience in development within the defence industry would be advantageous;
- SA citizenship is necessary as a security clearance is required for this position.
- Strategic project management;
- Client liaison and support;
- Technical & strategic deliverables within projects;
- You should be able to work with a team of experienced systems engineers, taking ownership of their part of the project.
- A track record of delivering on brief, on budget and on time while working under pressure is essential.
- Good technical problem solving and interpersonal skills are essential;
- A strong analytical capability and a scientific approach to problem solving;
- Enthusiastic and self motivated;
- Independent worker and team player;
- Willingness to work in a military research environment that serves both local and international clients and stakeholders;
- Experience in the following traditional systems engineering fields: scoping, requirements analysis, architecture, verification and validation and systems engineering management;
- Experience in leading performance analysis and validation of models for trade-off studies;
- Experience in conceptual problem definition, problem solving, coordination with clients and transferring knowledge of subject matter in various disciplines to engineers and analysts.
Salaries will be calculated according to qualifications and applicable experience.
Medical Aid and Pension Fund.
Credit, criminal, qualification and employment history checks are a pre-requisite for this position.
Should you not be contacted within 10 days please consider your application as unsuccessful.
Please note that correspondence will be entered into with short-listed candidates only.