Finance Manager - Sandton
more than 14 days ago
Luxury Hotel Group who owns, represents and manages a portfolio of 4* - 5* Game Lodges, Lodges, Resorts and Hotels.
Bryanston - Gauteng
Minimum of 4 years’ experience with proven track record within a hospitality finance environment.
Assist in the development and maintenance of financial controls over all aspects of the unit’s business.
• Together with Finance Managers, Operations Managers and General Managers, assist in compilation of budgets,
development of programs, schedules and objectives which will enable the efficient and most profitable running of the hotels.
• Understand and interpret the financial accounts on a monthly basis of each property and to report back to the Group Chief Executive Officer on any anomalies.
• Be responsible for the year-end audit of the properties.
• Prepare monthly financial packs and present this to the Finance Manager.
• Prepare the weekly financial reports and present this to the Financial Manager.
• Compile variance report on all overspends on budgets.
• Compile monthly financial report and highlight variances, discrepancies and/or changes in policy or strategy.
• Ensure that all financial manuals and checklists are adhered to.
• Write additional policies and procedures, as required, for the approval of the Chief Executive Officer prior to implementation.
• Ensure all unit admin staff know what results are expected of them.
• Improve the skills level of all accounting staff.
• Promote job satisfaction.
• Oversee training and development within the unit’s accounting departments.
• Personnel Function:
Maintenance of Personnel Files, Contracts, Leave Schedules, Medical Aid, Provident Fund, etc.
Compliance to any relevant statutory requirements
Conduct audits of all documentation in employee files
• As the Financial Accountant, your previous experience includes, but is not limited to supervising a finance team, whereas a self-driven
individual you require very little financial supervision. You should be commercially astute with strong leadership qualities.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office, especially with Good to Advanced Excel Skills
• Proficient in Pastel
• Proficient in VIP Payroll
• Good working knowledge / understanding of Hospitality PMS system –Apex/Nebula would be a plus LEVEL Junior Management
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE & REQUIREMENTS
• Applicants must have at least 2-4 years’ experience in a related field with a solid track record working as a Financial Accountant
or Manager within the Hospitality Industry.
• Matric is a minimum requirement, but a further qualification is a bonus.
• Valid RSA ID
Salary R 28 000 - R 30 000 including company benefits.