Hotel Accounts Assistant - Sandton
10 days ago
Hotel Accounts Assistant.
Luxury Hotel Group who owns, represents and manages a portfolio of 4* - 5* Game Lodges, Lodges, Resorts and Hotels.
Bryanston - Gauteng
To accurately complete the daily, weekly and monthly returns,submitting these timeously on the prescribed format in accordance with company standards.
• Your responsibilities would include processing supplier invoices, liaising with suppliers and resolving queries, managing the
• Accruals & Prepayments relating to A/P and reconciling petty cash. You would also be required to verify F&B receiving reconciling with purchases,
ensure invoices match PO's and receipts and ensure the Aged Accounts Payable report agrees with the G/L.
• To reconcile and balance cash, floats and dockets ensuring that these tally with daily income and expenditure.
• Completion of monthly payroll and third-party statutory payments- extensive knowledge of the VIP payroll system would be a big advantage.
• Preparation of monthly payroll journal.
• Debtor processing, reconciliation & collection.
• To notify management immediately of any variances in the above.
• To ensure all documentation for the receipt and issuing of commodities is accurately completed.
• To inform management of any shortages, surpluses or irregularities in connection with the above item and ensure that queries are handled immediately.
• To assist with stocktaking at prescribed intervals.
• To extend and process stocktaking figures accurately and timeously.
• To ensure that petty cash vouchers and relevant documentation is securely and systematically kept.
• To ensure that control systems are operating effectively within agreed parameters.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office, especially with Good to Advanced Excel Skills
• Proficient in Pastel
• Proficient in VIP Payroll
• Good working knowledge / understanding of Hospitality PMS system – NEBULA, APEX & PLUSPOINT would be a bonus LEVEL General
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE & REQUIREMENTS
• Applicants must have at least 1-3 years’ experience in a related field with a solid track record working in Accounts/Finance within the Hospitality Industry.
• Matric is a minimum requirement, but a further qualification is a bonus.
• Valid RSA ID
Salary R 15 000 - including company benefits.