Retail buyer E Commerce - Sandton
This person will be responsible for planning and selecting the range of products to sell in our online luxury goods stores.
Throughout the year, tasks will involve:
- define the range of products for chosen luxury goods categories
- source suppliers for the product range
- research and set pricing for the product range
- Merchandise the products through positioning on the online web page, and creating special retail offers
- analysing consumer buying patterns and predicting future trends;
- regularly reviewing performance indicators (sales, churn of stock)
- managing plans for stock levels;
- meeting suppliers and negotiating terms of contract;
- maintaining relationships with suppliers;
- attending trade fairs, locally and possibly overseas, to select and assemble a new collection of products;
- forecasting sales levels;
- seeking merchandise feedback from customers;
- training and mentoring staff.
The buyer must have the following skills to be considered for the position
Extensive knowledge of suppliers for the luxury goods categories
- Merchandising experience
- Understanding of customer demand in the luxury goods industry
- market trends in the luxury goods industry;
- The ability to work with financial budgets.
- 5+ years experience of buying for the retail luxury goods market
- Knowledge of the gifting, beauty and/or jewellery markets will be an advantage